The overarching purpose of Northamptonshire SAB is to help and safeguard adults with care and support needs.
It does this by:
- Assuring itself that local safeguarding arrangements are in place as defined by the Care Act 2014 and supporting statutory guidance
- Assuring itself that safeguarding practice is person-centred and outcome-focused
- Working collaboratively to prevent abuse and neglect where possible
- Ensuring agencies and individuals give timely and proportionate responses when abuse or neglect have occurred
- Assuring itself that safeguarding practice is continuously improving and enhancing the quality of life of adults in its area
Safeguarding leads from agencies across the Health Economy, Northamptonshire County Council - Adult Social Services, Northamptonshire Police, Northamptonshire Fire & Rescue Service, Community Safety Partnerships, the Probation Service, and the Voluntary and Community support the activities of the Board. Without the hard work of its members, we would not learn, develop and grow.
Board governance arrangements are undertaken by statutory partners and a number of other key officers:
- Northamptonshire County Council – Northamptonshire Adult Social Care
- NHS Nene & NHS Corby Clinical Commissioning Groups
- Northamptonshire Police
- Northamptonshire County Council, Cabinet member responsible for Adult Social Care
- Northamptonshire County Council, Opposition member
- Local District and Borough Councils – Chief Executive Officer representation
A separate multi-agency Delivery Group supports the strategic direction of the Board.